What Am I Eligible For?
When it comes to insurance and eligibility, a member's benefits are very much based upon her individual insurance company and her specific plan. Plans vary in a number of different ways including:
- Some plans cover a standard electric breast pump during pregnancy, while other plans cover this item only during the first 60 days postpartum.
- Some plans cover a hospital-grade breast pump for any postpartum mother who is breastfeeding, while other plans cover this benefit only when a baby is detained in the hospital.
- Some plans cover a benefit at 100%, while other plans cover only a fraction of the benefit cost.
- Some plans require a prescription for a plan benefit, while others do not.
- Some plans offer out-of-network benefits, while others do not.
- Some plans are grandfathered and, therefore, may not offer any breast pump or breast pump supply benefits at all.
If you're unsure about your specific plan benefits, you have a right to know! Call your insurance company to inquire and then call Yummy Mummy to place your order.