DME Scope of Services / Customer Rights & Responsibilities
1201 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10028
(212) 879-8669 / (855) 879-8669
DME Scope of Services
Yummy Mummy, LLC ("Yummy Mummy") offers durable medical equipment for breastfeeding for sale. Our goal is to provide quality breast pumps and accessories to our customers.
Products and Services Available
(1) Breast Pumps; (2) Breast Pump Supplies and Accessories; (3) Products for Breast Care and Postpartum Care; (4) Bottle Products and Accessories; (5) Nursing Bras and Clothing; and (6) Classes and Support Groups.
Hours of Availability
Yummy Mummy provides the following hours of service to its customers: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The store is closed on Sundays.
Yummy Mummy will use the least expensive and most appropriate method of delivery to ship covered equipment to customers.
In an emergency outside of normal business hours, customers can call Yummy Mummy at (212) 879-8669, which provides information for an email address (email@example.com) that is checked 24/7 as well as an after-hours service. This number, (212) 879-8669, is operated by Vonage, a publicly-held commercial voice-over-IP (VOIP) network and SIP company that provides telephone service via a broadband connection. Customers should call the after-hours service or can choose to leave a brief message explaining the difficulty with the equipment or regarding a missed delivery, and the Company will immediately forward calls to appropriate and available personnel during regular business hours. In addition, the voicemail message at the number will be updated with specific information about any interruption of service events. Yummy Mummy also uses its website, Facebook page and Twitter handle to inform customers of any planned or unexpected interruption of service events. Yummy Mummy has a large email list which we can and do use to distribute messages to customers related to any interruption of service.
Instructions for Set-Up of Breast Pumps
Properly trained staff is available during store hours to answer customers’ questions and to provide our customers with any assistance they may need. Please also refer to manufacturer’s product manuals or guidelines. Instructional videos on how to assemble, use and care for your pump to ensure the best results for you and your baby are available here on our website.
Yummy Mummy instructs all customers to use a properly grounded outlet and we strongly discourage the use of extension cords to plug in your breast pump unless absolutely necessary.
Customer Suggestions or Complaints
We value your suggestions and we will work hard to resolve any complaints. If you have a suggestion or a complaint, please call Yummy Mummy during our business hours and your call will be handled in a professional and confidential manner. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, and health insurance number, if applicable, and a summary of the complaint. Yummy Mummy's Compliance Officer will be informed of your complaint. All logged complaints will be investigated, acted upon, and responded to within five (5) working days after receipt of the complaint. If there is no satisfactory resolution of the complaint, the next level of management will be notified progressively up to the President/Owner of Yummy Mummy. All complaints are reviewed quarterly by the Quality Improvement Team and are kept confidential. In the event your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact our accrediting organization, The Compliance Team, via their website at http://www.thecomplianceteam.org or by phone at (888) 291-5353. You may also contact the New York State Division of Consumer Protection.
Florida Medicaid Fraud: Medicaid fraud is defined by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) as "an intentional deception or misrepresentation made by a health care provider with the knowledge that the deception could result in some unauthorized benefit to him or herself or some other person. It includes any act that constitutes fraud under federal or state law related to Medicaid." To report suspected Medicaid Fraud, please call the Florida Attorney General toll-free at (866) 966-7226. Callers can request to remain anonymous.
Customer’s Rights & Responsibilities
- The customer has the right to be fully informed in advance about services to be provided as well as any modifications to the plan of care.
- The customer has the right to be informed, orally or in writing, in advance of services being provided of the charges, including payment for service expected from third parties and any charges for which the customer will be responsible.
- The customer has the right to receive information about the scope of services that the Company will provide and specific limitations on those services.
- The customer has the right to participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care.
- The customer has the right to refuse care or treatment after the consequences of refusing care or treatment are fully presented.
- The customer has the right to have his or her property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of customer dignity and individuality.
- The customer has the right to be able to identify visiting personnel members through proper identification: purple Yummy Mummy shirts.
- The customer has the right to be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of client property. If you are a Florida resident, please note that to report abuse, neglect, or exploitation, you may call toll-free (800) 962-2873.
- The customer has the right to voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care, lack of respect of property, or to recommend changes in policy, personnel, or services without restraint, and without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal in the service process. If you are a Florida resident, please note that to report a complaint regarding the services you receive, please call toll-free (888) 419-3456.
- The customer has the right to be fully informed about Medicaid fraud.
- The customer has the right to have and voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished, or lack of respect of property, investigated.
- The customer has the right to confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the customer’s record and of Protected Health Information.
- The customer has the right to be advised on Company’s policies and procedures regarding the disclosure of clinical records.
- The customer has the right to choose a health care provider, including choosing an attending physician or Durable Medical Equipment provider, if applicable.
- The customer has the right to receive appropriate care without discrimination in accordance with physician’s orders, if applicable.
- The customer has the right to be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
- The customer has the right to be fully informed of one’s responsibilities.
- The customer should promptly notify Yummy Mummy of any equipment failure or damage.
- The customer is responsible for any rental equipment that is lost or stolen while in their possession and should promptly notify Yummy Mummy in such instances.
- The customer should promptly notify Yummy Mummy of any changes to their address or telephone or credit card information.
- The customer should promptly notify Yummy Mummy of any changes concerning their physician.
- The customer should notify Yummy Mummy of discontinuance of use.
- Except where contrary to federal or state law, the customer is responsible for any equipment rental and sale charges which the customer’s insurance company/companies does not pay.