store 212-879-8669
insurance 855-879-8669|prescription fax 855-291-5930

Tips for Hosting Thanksgiving with Baby

Nov 20, 2015 9:51:21 AM

Tips for Hosting Thanksgiving with Baby

Contributed by Olivia Leon, Yummy Mummy Marketing Director and Party Planning Enthusiast.

My husband and I have always loved to entertain friends and family. Before we had our baby we would throw dinner parties and brunches on the weekends. We always volunteered to host family occasions and holiday parties. We thought we wouldn’t have the time or energy to keep doing this after our son was born, but that wasn’t the case at all. We just had to change our approach a bit and let some of the details go. Here are seven helpful hints to survive hosting Thanksgiving dinner with a little one.

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon
Sharen Medrano, Yummy Mummy Support Group IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

Breech Babies

Nov 13, 2015 10:24:48 AM

My Baby Is Breech, What To Do?

Contributed by Renee Sullivan, Founder of The Moms Groups, childbirth educator, doula, certified Parent Coach and leading parenting facilitator hosting engaging conversations in twenty locations every week.

You just came back from your prenatal visit, and the doctor mentioned that your baby is breech.

What does this mean for your labor? Should you be concerned?

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Mary Ausman

Twiddling Babies!

Nov 10, 2015 12:01:31 PM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

Simple Things to Do with Baby in the ‘Burbs

Contributed by Suburban Jungle Realty Group. Suburban Jungle Realty Group has offices in NYC, L.A., Miami, Chicago and San Francisco.

Simple Things to Do with Baby in the ‘Burbs

There’s so much to do with infants and babies in the city that -- bonus! -- require little or no planning at all. At a moment’s notice you can pop your fussy newborn into her stroller for a quick cruise around the block or to hang at the park. Even in the winter there are museums to wander through, indoor playscapes to explore, kids clubs to navigate and mom-and-me activities to join from infant yoga to swimming for tiny tots. But what happens when you leave the city for (gulp!) the ‘burbs? Don’t panic -- there’s loads for new moms to do in suburbia! And, like the city, it’s all within stroller distance…

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon

Colostrum to Mature Milk

Nov 3, 2015 9:24:26 AM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

How to Have a Safe and Festive Halloween

Contributed by Pamela Brawer, R.N., CCE, certified American Heart Instructor and Certified Childbirth Instructor, and founder of Save-A-Tot.

It’s that time of year again when the weather gets cold, pumpkin lattes pop up everywhere and houses are decked with black bats, cobwebs and witches hats. It must be Halloween! As parents we are always excited for baby’s first anything. First words, first steps, and the first Halloween is no exception. Even though your baby will be too young to trick or treat, it is still a great opportunity to create memories. So attend a party or throw your own, take lots of pics and be sure to read some helpful tips from Pamela Brawer about keeping everyone happy and safe this Halloween:

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon

Pump or breastfeed when traveling?

Oct 27, 2015 12:36:27 PM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

When to Start Pumping After Having A Baby

Contributed by Elina S. Arulraj, MSPT, IBCLC

Elina leads a weekly breastfeeding support group at the Yummy Mummy Store in NYC every Tuesday at 10am.

If your baby has been nursing exclusively and gaining weight well and you are feeling ready for a break here and there after 3-4 weeks of exclusive breastfeeding it is safe to begin giving your baby 1 bottle every or every other day without it impacting the baby's ability to breastfeed.

The best way to do this is either one of the following ways:

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon

Feeding Around Pediatric Visits

Oct 20, 2015 12:32:29 PM