855-291-5930
Free Shipping & Returns on all orders

Introducing Bottle

Jan 26, 2016 10:21:43 AM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Breastfeeding by Mary Ausman

Soothing or Hungry?

Jan 19, 2016 12:27:00 PM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

Bringing Up Baby ...in the 'Burbs

Jan 15, 2016 9:11:16 AM

Bringing Up Baby...in the ‘Burbs

Contributed by Suburban Jungle Realty Group. Suburban Jungle Realty Group has offices in NYC, L.A., Miami, Chicago and San Francisco.

The city has some obvious pluses when it comes to child-rearing and, chances are, it’s the same aspects that attracted you to NYC in those pre-kid years. The arts, the culture, the food, the 24/7 access and the overall hum of an urban existence. It’s intoxicating whether you’re 22, 42 or 2.

But in the infant and young childhood years countless families pack it up and head to the suburbs to seek some unique advantages. What are the most common we hear? A backyard, great public schools and, above all, space, space, space. Many parents we work with want their kids to have a childhood that’s more similar to the ones they had -- and, chances are, that was a suburban upbringing.

So how does suburbia stack up to city life? Here are some side-by-sides we’ve discovered in moving our broods outside of city limits…

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon

Breastfeeding and Weight Gain

Jan 12, 2016 11:00:12 AM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

Magic Number and Milk Production

Jan 5, 2016 2:01:35 PM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

When to Wean

Dec 29, 2015 1:01:12 PM

For both nutritional and developmental reasons, it is uncommon for babies to wean on their own before the one-year mark. In fact, most babies won't wean before 18-24 months unless it is encouraged by the mother. Familiarizing yourself with the different ways of weaning can be helpful when deciding how to approach this stage:
http://kellymom.com/ages/weaning/considering-weaning/how_weaning_happens/

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)

Read More

Tags:

Posted to Boob Scoop by Olivia Leon

Steady Weight Gain

Dec 22, 2015 10:24:03 AM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

The Bra Fitting Guide

Dec 18, 2015 11:41:18 AM

The Bra Fitting Guide

Contributed by Janina Rodriguez, Assistant Yummy Mummy Store Manager and Expert Bra Fitter

Proper support in a bra is just as important as it is for a pair of shoes or a best friend. This is especially true when you are pregnant or nursing. So I wanted to share some tips on finding the right bra that is comfortable, fashionable and most importantly, makes you feel good.

What to look for when trying on a bra:

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon

Mom's Diet

Dec 15, 2015 12:30:47 PM

Sharen Medrano, IBCLC (www.nycbreastfeeding.com)Read More
Posted to Boob Scoop by Mary Ausman

Choking Prevention

Dec 11, 2015 10:18:48 AM

Choking Prevention – What You Need to Know

Contributed by Pamela Brawer, R.N., CCE, certified American Heart Instructor and Certified Childbirth Instructor, and founder of Save-A-Tot.

Last week’s post from Pamela focusing on Infant/Child CPR was so well received that we asked her to do a follow up specifically about choking.

The threat of choking is something that worries almost all parents. Understandably - choking is a very common cause of unintentional injury or death in children under age one, and the danger remains significant until the age of five. You must be particularly watchful when children around the age of one are sampling new foods that must be chewed with a grinding motion. Children don't master that kind of chewing until age four. And remember, all children learn at different rates. Take your time. Make it a fun experience.

The danger signs of choking are:

Read More
Posted to Mummy Scoop by Olivia Leon

Items 41 to 50 of 249 total